FLUXNET call for committees and scientific working groups (due Oct. 3rd, 2022)
Do you have a vision for advancing flux-related research? Would you like to get more involved with an international group of flux scientists? The FLUXNET Community Council (https://fluxnet.org/community/the-fluxnet-community-council/) is looking for individuals and/or groups to propose and lead committees and working groups dedicated to advancing and improving FLUXNET. Committees will advance initiatives to make FLUXNET stronger, and scientific working groups will focus on flux-related science questions.
Leading a FLUXNET committee or working group is an excellent way to advance your science, expand your network, and help build a stronger international community of flux scientists. In addition, funds may be available to support committee or working group leads and/or members to travel to meetings, conferences, etc.
Examples of currently planned committees include an Education Committee focused on increasing access to flux-related educational materials, a Data Integration Committee to increase accessibility and utilization of meta/data across measurement types and scales of observation, and a Data Processing Committee working to create the next generation pipeline for flux data processing. Additional committees could focus on other aspects of FLUXNET community building, education, data processing, and beyond. Working groups could cover a broad range of scientific topics of interest to the flux community. We strongly encourage early career scientists to lead, or co-lead, committees and working groups.
If you are interested in forming and leading a FLUXNET committee or working group, please see more details below.
Committee/working group formation steps:
- Committee/working group leads fill out informational survey (https://forms.gle/vRu9FmaRJsuE7uJS8) BY OCTOBER 3rd, 2022.
- The FLUXNET Community Council will work with committee/working group leads to draft a charter to describe committee goals
- Committees/working groups will be announced and advertised to the FLUXNET community to recruit members
- Committees/working groups will meet regularly (ie: monthly). Committees will report progress to the FLUXNET Community Council.
- Committees/working groups will update the broader FLUXNET community on their actions through presentations at meetings, FLUXNET website posts, etc.
Questions? Please email [email protected]