Welcome to the FLUXNET Early Career Scientist Network (ECN) (formerly known as Young Scientist Network (YSN)), a community of about 200+ people consisting of students (~58%), postdocs (~27%) and other early-career scientists (~14%) from more than 50 countries (Figure 1).
This network aims to connect early career scientists working within the FLUXNET community and the regional networks. The ECN includes students (from undergraduate to Ph.D.), postdocs, and other early-career scientists, who do not lead their own research groups and who are not the main supervisor of Ph.D. students.
The FLUXNET ECN provides an informal exchange platform for questions regarding research, career, and funding opportunities for early-career scientists. Furthermore, early-career scientists can present themselves and connect to colleagues through this network. Last but not least, the ECN aims to bridge the gap to experienced researchers by integrating early-career scientists actively into the international research community.
The FLUXNET ECN consists of a mailing list and an interactive Web site (under construction). To participate in the network, please register at the Early Career Scientist Mailing List Subscription. After completing your registration, you will receive an email with further instructions. More information on the ECN can be found in the October 2009 (page 9) and April 2011 (pages 4–5) issues of FluxLetter, and the 2012 issue of iLEAPS Newsletter.
- Follow FLUXNET ECN on Twitter @Fluxnet_ecn for more real-time updates.
- FLUXNET ECN on LinkedIn (Please come joining us here or Simply search “FLUXNET Early Career Scientist Network (ECN)” in LinkedIn Group)
- A new Blog page for FLUXNET ECN (Please come joining us here)
- To subscribe/unsubscribe to the FLUXNET ECN mailing list, please use this Subscription Page.
- To send an email to the FLUXNET ECN mailing list (e.g., post a job, workshop opportunity), please use [email protected].
- To contact the ECN organizers please write to [email protected].
Figure 1 Summary of the geographical distribution and career status of FLUXNET-ECN Members. (data accessed in January 2022)
FLUXNET Early Career Network Organizers
Early Career Scientist Network
Early Career Scientist Network Alumni